Saturday, August 18, 2007

Excuse My Dust

... and it's not because I'm so far ahead of the pack.

Actually, I'm rather far behind it seems, a conclusion I've come to after perusing the multiple fabulous blogs out there and then returning to my rather sad-sack design.

I need an overhaul.

To that end, I will be using my limited design skills to create, at the very least, a new header. I've made the one that you see above, mostly as an experiment. Not thrilled, but it's a step in the right direction.

You will probably continue to see changes, as I attempt to find something even remotely usable. I know -- you can pay people to do this sort of thing. And I would. But school's starting, and the kids like clothes, paper, lunch. That kind of stuff. Very demanding.

Some of you clearly are much better at this, however, so I will shamelessly solicit any thoughts, suggestions, helpful hints, free advice. The first step, they say, is admitting you need help.

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

The best blog design in my opinion is one that is clear, uncluttered and doesn't take an age to load. You need to stand out in some way, but that doesn't need to be anything complicated. The content is much more important in making people come back and keep reading you!