Thursday, August 23, 2007

Poetry Thursday

In a half-hearted effort to refocus a tiny portion of my energy to creative writing, I've decided to take part in Poetry Thursday's, well, Poetry Thursday. So here goes:

An Inventory of You and Me

I am a little bit elliptical,
obtuse when it comes to you,
a silver service missing
the odd knife and spoon.
I linger over you intentionally
and catalogue your every look.
I am angular in my appreciation of you,
deliberate, and skeletal.

You are contrite and formulated,
a short order for the lunch hour.
You make notes instead of sleeping.
You are remiss to pick out patterns,
reluctant for the walls.
You grow fatter with each word I render,
a nominal fee for your appearance.

We exist in overlapping circles;
mine a saucer,
yours a dervish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the contrasting images..

and the way of conveying the same.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! I read it though out loud a few times just enjoying the feel of the words. :) Thank you so much for sharing it!

Crafty Green Poet said...

this is excellent! I love the way you've looked at things here and the line 'I am angular in my appreciation of you' is just wonderful.