Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cockroaches are People, Too


Just a quick post on, of all things, cockroaches.


This caught my eye at ParentDish, and just because I have an appreciation for weird and gross things -- at a distance, of course -- I thought I'd pass it along:




There are those among you who might see a cockroach petting zoo as a unique educational opportunity. While I love and respect all creatures, I will not be petting a cockroach anytime soon. Having lived in Florida where, like the Texas home of the author of the ParentDish post, the cockroaches are big enough to file flight plans, I respectfully decline.


Everytime I start missing the Sunshine State, I just remember these creatures and I feel better.


As a side note, anyone see that (super cheesy) Ripley's Believe It or Not show that featured a guy who eats nothing but (live) cockroaches? Oh, the humanity . . .


No comments: