Saturday, December 1, 2007

Holiday Wishes

Well, my holiday spirit seems to be seriously lacking this year. Not sure if it's being a different location than last year at this time, working from home vs. being out in the holiday-laden world everyday, or the fact that my kids are past the Santa Claus years now.

Still, I'm trying, trying, trying to get in the mood. Someone asked the other night what we'd wish for the holidays -- but it can only be something that doesn't have to do with money.

My daughter's answer? World Peace. We're thinking a run for Miss Universe might be in her future.

My son? That dogs could live as long as humans. Hmmm. Sounds like some unresolved death issues that have been conveniently swept under the rug. We'll leave them there until after the holidays at least.

My answers? Well, up until this moment I didn't give it much thought. But I have to write something, so here goes:

~ That my childhood football hero OJ Simpson (yes, I'm a girl but in my house if you didn't love football you didn't survive the fall) would finally just fess up to everything, already. And then just go away.

~ That someone would round up all the Crocs in the world and launch them into space for some higher intelligence to deal with (I'd say burn them, but we've screwed up the environment enough).

~ Speaking of the environment, we should do something about that. I can't take another story about polar bears drowning. There's my bid for Miss Universe ( but I'm not holding my breath).

~ And speaking of arctic climates, somebody should free the penguins from the horror that is their life cycle. I was under the mistaken impression that "March of the Penguins" was a good movie to watch. I've been traumatized ever since.

~ I would go ahead and put in a bid for world peace, the arrival of an inspiring and viable presidential candidate, and a Super Bowl win for Favre and the Packers, but I'm a hopeless cynic, so I won't even bother.

Well, this doesn't seem to be helping my holiday mood at all, but at least I got some stuff off my chest. And that's good for the spirit in the long run, right?

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Yes, it's always good for the spirit to get stuff off your chest. I like your list.

Kimberly said...

Hi Angie! I finally figured out what a meme is... and I tagged you :)